Friday, November 5, 2010

The French Revolution - Meh.

Alright, if you know me, you know that I HATE the French Revolution. You also know that I had to take a 19th Century European class in which I realized that not only do I hate European history, I hate France too. The following semester I had to study the historical methodology of the French Revolution. I will be happy if I never have to learn about that damn revolution again. YOU CAN'T APPLY ROUSSEAU TO REAL LIFE, PEOPLE! Also, the Declaration of the Rights of Man?! Ridiculous. And Unrealistic. And Evil. Technically I'm only referring to one small phrase that says "Law is the expression of the general will" which really pisses me off. It sounds like law will be made by the majority opinion, right? WRONG. It means that every one of the delightfully enlightened people that set about making laws will all come to the same conclusion, and that will be the right conclusion. Good luck with that.

ANYWAY, imagine my disappointment when I saw that the latest vlogbrothers video is all about the French Revolution. However, since this is a history blog, and I am all for educating people about history, this is a pretty good video that you should watch.



Love and Latin American Communism,
AGW

No comments:

Post a Comment